Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Double teamed!

No, I'm not talking about one of my books :). I've been meme team-tagged by Sharon and Rhi.

So here goes, 8 things you didn't know about me...

  1. I've been married twice, my first marriage lasted 3 months and I was left for a younger woman (I was only 23!)
  2. Were I so inclined, I could make you a stained glass window - it was part of the fall out from marriage number one. With all the extra time on my hands, I needed something to fill in the time, drinking and taking home strange men every Friday night just wasn't cutting it. I also learned to SCUBA around the same time - though to my intense disappointment I've never been diving since. I also can make my own silver jewelry- from scratch!
  3. I've been told I could suck a golfball up a straw. (Pity FB is one of the few guys on the earth who's not really into blowjobs)
  4. Oh, then there was the whole loosing my virginity on the steps of a church thing (think I mentioned that before though).
  5. I'm an art school drop out. I can't paint with watercolours for shit; acrylics-meh; but I LOVE oil painting. I paint a little like Georgia O'Keefe's Flower series. It makes me sad that I havent touched a brush and canvas in probably 8 years (though hubby did buy me a big stockpile of paints for my birthday a few years ago, and it's my own damn fault for not doing anything - I even got as far as sketching out on the canvas.) Though to make up for it, I have been doing a lot more photography. I still have hopes of one day being a 'real' graphic artist.
  6. I speed read. This is painful for my wallet. For example I spent $9 this morning at EC at 6.45am. By 8am I'd finished onegot the kid ready for school. Then I went to the gym (an hour) surfed, emailed, and ate breakfast, and read the second story and it's 11.47am.
  7. I heart historicals. Love, love love 'em! Yet I only write contemporary erotic romance. Go figure! Historicals make me laugh, the make me cry, and they make sigh for boob popping stays and swishy skirts, and the lousy refreshments at Almacks.
  8. Apparently my New Zealand accent makes the American guys go mmmm. Once they hear my voice, they are quite forgiving of the ass the size of Texas (helps to offset the boobs the size of Georgia).
I have to make a run out (I've got to pick up my groovy new glasses), so I'm going to have to tag some folks later!

EDIT: Tag, you're it! Emily, Jeanne, Amanda, Lucy, Isa, Celia, Adele

Here are the rules according to whomever likes to makeup rules :
1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

6 comments:

Emily Veinglory said...

feel free to tag me :)

Amanda Young said...

Crap. Now I have to figure out what to say and who to torture. Muwahahaha...!

Rhian / Crowwoman said...

Regarding that graphic design thing - i may have sorta mentioned in a staff meeting the other day that i have this really talented freelance designer in Jax on standby in case we land all the proposed contracts that plopped on my doorstep the past several days. So - ummm - consider yourself on standby. You like doing logo design right?

And i have NEVER met a guy who didn't think a blowjob was two steps away from heaven.

Anne Douglas said...

Indeed I do :) I'm not bad at blog and webdesign now either - though I am way, way a hack at both of those :) (though I'm getting pretty good with wordpress now though)

As for the BJ - believe me after 30mins my jaw aches, after 3/4 hour it's just freaking sore! Before FB, it was 10mins tops. ROFL, gawd hope he never reads my blog!

Rhian / Crowwoman said...

good to know about web design Anne. I'm using Isa for blog designs as soon as one of those contracts kick off. If we get the bigass festival contract (design/marketing portion - we all ready have the web and blog) i'm thinking that would be a good long term, ground up design project to pull you in on. I like your logo work alot and that would be first task. It'll be awarded before end of the month, so keep your fingers crossed. Ummm - i guess i shouldn't be sucking up blog air for all this huh? Will send you email when i know more. xxx rhi

Isabella Snow said...

The steps of a church???? Fucks sake!

Err.. Id do this one.. but I already kind of did it, this is my 4th tagging for it, lol.

;)