Tuesday, August 29, 2006

It's nice to get things completed...

I have to say it is great when you manage to get out all those wonderful details stored up in your brain and manage to resolve your storyline and put that last fullstop on that last line.
I learned something valuable while doing this rewrite - editors are wonderful people who can help you breathe life into your worst plotlines. I guess its like anything, sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees, its great to have someone who can cut you off at the pass and head you in the right direction. It doesn't hurt that they can also tell you that "that just plain won't sell dearie".
A good critque partner helps alot too. I finally have found someone who really gives me the nitty gritty - man what a difference it makes when you are trying to work out someones character.

Now, back to the other story sitting half finished I guess.

No comments: