Friday, July 14, 2006

...Things that make you go ..phew!...

Thank you to those readers of Persuading Jo who have emailed me. You have no idea how your positive comments made my day! I have had a few people ask me in person why on earth I would want to write "smut". Hurumph, it's not smut!, was my reply btw, along with 'people like me, who like to read it I would think!'. But you know I enjoy the challenge being that I am so new to all this, I get to be inventive and have fun, and hey, if I can make some $ along the way, who am I to complain?

I really need to say thank you, thank you, thank you to Loose Id who gave me a chance and the great editing of Bob and Raven, and, of course April's lovely cover! Sheesh, I sound like I am the academy awards or something...'I would like to thank my mother and 5th cousin twice removed and the mail man...

I even coughed up the $$ and went and printed myself a copy in colour for me to put on my shelf/wall to drool over. Talk about a prime motivator to do more!

Well, I am off to our 'mid winter christmas curry' at the best Indian restaurant in South Auckland -- I hang out for this curry for all those years of living in Florida, so I should look rather more rotund in approx 3 hrs time...then its off for drinkies with the mates for the rest of the night. I might be coherant tomorrow morning...or I might not be...

update : Curry was goooooooddd! Drinkies were too, but I was a responsible sort since I was driving home :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am reading the book..er...ebook and wow! It's wonderful! I noticed the Title said The McCabes: Book 1 in it. Does this mean there will be other stories like this? I really love how the characters come across really well as well. *LOL* Not to mention I think it's cool Jo has a vouyeristic streak and doesn't get jealous. I hope you write more books! You're a good author. ^.^

Anne D said...

Thank you Shadowfox13! I have plans in the works for the rest of Brians family - his older brother Brian, his younger sister Anne and Sean and Michael the twin brothers. Brian and Kates story is almost done. Kate is a battered woman that Brian 'saves', and the story goes on from there. Anne has a love/hate thing going on with Brians best man, Tony, and I am planning on having lots of fun with twins to play with for the fourth book. Now cross fingers that Loose Id likes them!! :)