Thursday, September 21, 2006

Edits, Edits, Edits...

Just got PV back from the first round of edits. Man alive, my poor editor! This MS I seem to have had a real run on sentance issue and my POV keeps jumping.

I think I have sussed out the POV problem - I have been trying to take more notice when I am reading as to how the books have been structured, then trying to apply it when writing - assuming of course that if the book made it to print at a NY publisher it would be right, right? Ah...no it seems. Also, I am too formal in my speech patterns. I am chalking that one up to total paranoia caused by my Dad insisting I am hopeless at grammar and construction. Now I am over compensating by being very formal - I have not I've, were not not weren't etc etc.

So you know what? I am going back to plain old me and the way I wrote the first ms. It might not have always been perfectly correct, but everytime I try to 'fix it' I break it, so I ain't fixin' what ain't broke no more!

1 comment:

Celia Kyle said...

Yay to getting edits! Not that I'm happy you have to make changes, but that means we're one step closer to reading PV!!! :)

Celia