Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I'm a sucker for punishment

School Holidays, antsy kid, trying to get a new ms finished, another reworked, and Rhi lands something on my plate thats going to make my little box a bit pie shaped, then I have to go ask my editor if there's any slots free around Xmas because I'd like to do the follow up to Position Vacant -- talk about shoot myself in the ass (maybe that's who really shot JR -- no, not my ass, he did it himself!)

For some reason I thought I'd started on this story -- or more exactly I'd written an epilogue piece that I was going to turn into the start of the next story, but I can't find it for the life of me, but I did manage to find a copy of the original Position Vacant (which resembles the current version not at all) and spied this little gem:

“Thank bloody God, Jesus, Mary, Joseph and all the angels. I’ve had a hard on for two weeks, I’ve got the worst case of rigor mortis this side of a dead man!”
Nick picked Bea up as if she was a bag of candy floss, threw her on her back and jumped on board, laying down a hail of kisses along her face, neck and across her breasts.
Panting, and groaning Nick managed to growl out, “Honey? Please say that’s enough foreplay?”
He knew it was his lucky day when the object of his affection gasped out, “Way more than enough!”
Gulp -- Did I really write that?

No comments: