Wednesday, July 04, 2007

I figured it out

I surprised myself with writing an ending for AW, quite when I wasn't expecting to -- it just sort of snuck up on me.

But after my taking out a big hunk, rewriting it, and then my 'opps there it is' ending, something still felt out of place - then I realised what it was -- what on earth was the reason for these two to have come together the way they have? For some reason I'd burbled along, coming up with all this funny stuff but never really answered the big old WHY.

The Why also coincided with one scene that I was having a problem with ending -- of course it took my poor little brain a while to figure it out, but it was because that scene and The Why were supposed to go together. So today my mission is to get that scene finished and AC officially bumped over into edit-the -crap-out-of-it-so-I-can-send-it-to-my-editor phase.

Wish me luck!

Oh and I hope everyone in the USA is having a good 4th of July!

EDIT: I went to bed, but not finishing was bugging the hell out of me, so I got back up - Yay, I'm finished, a polishing we will go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that the best feeling when you finish an MS? I've been working on 1 for 2 years and though its completely written, it needs a lot of help, so I'm still editing and polishing *sigh*, while my other work get's published around it. Congrats on finishing. So when is the realese date?

Anne D said...

There's a bit of editing to do before I send it to my editor to see if she wants to contract it. Though she's been quite interested in it. So no release date yet -- I've got to sell it first :)