Thursday, July 20, 2006

I dont suck! ...

Every persons greatest fear - Do I just plain suck at my chosen profession? Well, I have woken up the past two days to two surprising emails - Reviews!! I am absolutely floored!
(And remember - the Persuading Jo Contest for the Boutique Book Bag finishes today!)
"WOW. What a great story. I was hooked from the start and read this book in one sitting. I am anxiously awaiting the next installment of this series. The coming together of these three was one of the best ménage books I have read. I only wish, selfishly, that it was longer as I was having such a good time reading it! I really enjoyed the look into the characters, their personalities and their incredible love life. I liked the fact that the two men were already in a committed relationship when Jo was introduced into the equation, so there were no homophobic reactions or worries written into the explosive yet emotionally charged love scenes. This story was sensual, erotic, emotional, inspiring and, partly because of the already established friendship, so very much fun to read. I not only greatly recommend this book but recommend you keep your eyes out for the next book in this series."
And this morning :
Title: The McCabes: Persuading Jo
Category: Contemporary
Reviewer: Chrissy Dionne
Reviewer Email: RJchrissydionne@yahoo.com
Author: Ann Douglas
Publisher: Loose Id
Release Date: July 11, 2006
ISBN Number: 9781596323162
Author Homepage: http://annedouglas.blogspot.com
Author email: annedouglas@comcast.net
Format: EBOOK
Rating: 5
"Ann Douglas’s debut book PERSUADING JO fulfilled every expectation I had when I picked it up. With a plot that grabs your attention right from the first page and sex scenes hot enough to curl your toes there’s no way you’ll be able to put this book down before you’ve read the entire thing. I fell in love with Matt and Brian. They’re so sexy together. I can’t imagine any woman even wanting to try to resist being with these two dynamic men. Jo knows that she’s in love with Matt and Brian but her self esteem issues get in the way. Luckily Matt and Brian have been her friend long enough to help her over any hurdles or doubts she might have. This is definitely a keeper.
This is the first book in Ms. Douglas’s THE MCCABES series. I’ll be waiting impatiently for the other books in this promising looking series.
SNIPPET–
From the time Matt and Brian met Jo they knew she completed them. It’s been eight years and if the ‘straight’ men can’t see Jo for the jewel she is, then it’s their loss. They’re tired of waiting. It’s time to convince Jo that she belongs to them as their friend and lover."

I cant ask for much better than that now, can I? I suppose taking over Dan Browns reign over the best seller list wouldn't be bad though :).

1 comment:

Celia Kyle said...

I've read Persuading Jo and it was beautiful! I can't wait for the rest of the series. You're well on your way to a successful writing career. Congrats on the reviews!

Caye