I now use NetNews Wire as my RSS feed handler. I have the BBC and the CNN news feeds on there, and everyday I get a giggle out of the headlines on the BBC feed.
Take a look at 13 headings that could mean something rather different than what they actually do:
- Unisex Toilets to Tackle Bullies - Can you imagine being the guy with the ball when that back line came thundering (hehe thundering) down the field at you. No way would I want to take that hit!
- Lords back Sex shop License Ban - Well this isn't out of a Regency Historical, is it now? No way those gentlemen would have been shutting down the doxyshop!
- Malicious Code Rise Driven by Web - well damn, I knew the web was out to get me!
- World Cup winner Ball dies at 61 - That ball's been around 61 years? Damn that piece of leather must be tired of being kicked around!
- Anti-terror Raids - 6 questioned -- I know I shouldn't poke fun at this one, but there's some sloppy terrorists out there if the police can't even decided if they were terrorist raids or not!
- Football: Ransom in Man City bid - Good God! There's a place called Man City and they have a football team taking bids - can they do that sort of thing? I thought the Chippendale's had that kind of thing all sewn up?
- Review of Toddler Fight Sentences - Is this what we're reduced to? Kids that no longer bash each other with tonka trucks in the sandpit, instead cutting each other scathingly with pithy put downs?
- Blair Rejects Leak Inquiry Call - Now, Now Mr Blair, thats no way to be treating Downing Street! Imagine how that plumber feels after being rejected.
- Demonstrations for BBC's Johnston - Okay, I know it's one letter away from being truely funny, but still...snigger... they had to get a demonstration on how to use it!
- Doctor Training Security Lapse - Sooooo... they aren't supposed to get any training then huh? Well crap, all those years and all that money, all for nothing?
- Secret Filming Teacher Defended - I knew it. I knew those in captivity teachers wouldn't procreate if we filmed them!
- Final Week Poll Push for Parties - hell yeah! Sign me up for the Party Poll!Paaartaaee!!
- Cricket: Australia into World Final - this just isn't funny y'all... boooo, hissss! (They smacked down the Kiwis to get there).